Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Our family loves quinoa. I have photographic evidence of my then 18-month-old son trying to like his bowl clean...a bowl that was filled with one of our favorite quinoa meals. I love that it's filled with protein, that it's gluten free and that you always leave the dinner table satisfied. This dish is a perfect weeknight meal, great as a main or side dish for company, as well as a great complement to any weekend fare. Versatility is the name of the game with this delicious mushroom dish! As the holidays start to approach and the days become hectic I love having this simple, healthy and delicious meal on hand that I know my family will love. October also happens to be National Celiac Awareness Month. Celebrate by giving this Mushroom Quinoa Casserole a try at your dinner table.
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the olive oil to a small skillet and saute the chopped onion, chopped mushrooms and crushed garlic cloves for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add the cooked quinoa to a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish. Gently stir in the sauteed mushrooms and onions. Fold in the cottage cheese and beaten eggs. Top with the Parmesan - Asiago cheese blend.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese has begun to turn golden on top. Serve warm.