Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 425*.
- Bake pie shell for 10 minutes; remove and let cool.
- Reduce heat to 350*.
- Saute mushrooms in butter; remove with slotted spoon, set aside.
- In a bowl, toss cheese with flour; add eggs, milk, parsley, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the mushrooms.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour, or until set.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Fabulous ! I used canned mushrooms to cut out the step of frying in butter and it was still yummy. It made way too much for a normal 9" pie shell, though. Use a deep dish one! I used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar as I don't like the taste of swiss.
Delicious! I added 1 tsp minced garlic to the mushrooms 2 minutes before they were done cooking. Next time I'll be adding some finely chopped onion or shallot and thyme. Also used my homemade quiche shell. It went well with a spinach and apple salad. Thanks!
great! I use this recipe for all my quiche as a start or just the recipe itself. great taste.