1/4 Photos of Mushroom Quiche
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 5 mins
My husband, who *thought* he didn't like quiche, goes back for seconds when I make this one. This was my first try at making quiche and I really liked it. The cayenne pepper really gives it a nice bite. I have to admit I've never made it with the savory because I can't find it in my grocery stores, but I think it tastes good without it. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shells (9 inches and I use a store-bought one for this)
- 4 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh savory (or 1-2 t dried savory)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- 2Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes.
- 3Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- 4Cool on wire rack.
- 5Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- 6In large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and red pepper in butter until mushrooms are tender.
- 7Drain and set aside.
- 8In a bowl, combine the cheese and flour.
- 9Stir in the milk, eggs, savory, salt and cayenne until blended.
- 10Stir in mushroom mixture.
- 11Pour into crust.
- 12Bake for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean (cover edges loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning).
- 13Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.4
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 233.9 mg
- Sodium 1139.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: