Recipe by Annacia
While this serves 6 keep in mind that these are HEALTHY portions. If your feeding teenage boys you'll be lucky to get 2 servings. However, you'll feel better knowing that they are eating good for them food. I actually reccomend the micro method on this one.
Top Review by Boomette
I used maybe more of 8 ounces of mushrooms. I cooked them in olive oil until they were brown. I omitted the onion, garlic and cilantro. I'm sure with onion it's delicious but my BF doesn't really like onions (he says he has heartburns). I used orange cheddar cheese. It was so yummy like that. The taste of the mushrooms with the cheese :yummy: Thanks Annacia :) Made for 123 hit wonders.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 24 inches whole wheat tortillas
- 6 tablespoons shredded low-fat monterey jack pepper cheese or 6 tablespoons low-fat cheddar cheese
- salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a large skillet with vegetable oil. Cook mushrooms, onion and garlic in skillet over medium heat until onion is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and remove from heat. Arrange one-third of the mushroom mixture on half of one tortilla.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Fold the other half of the tortilla over cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 3 quesadillas total.
- Bake quesadillas about 5 minutes, or until filling is hot and cheese melts.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges.
- Serve warm with salsa if desired.
- MICROWAVE METHOD:.
- Spray a microwave-safe casserole with vegetable oil.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Cook, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 5 to 7 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring twice.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Assemble quesadillas as directed above and arrange them on a microwave-safe plate or platter.
- Cook, rotating plate once, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes, or until filling is hot and cheese melts.