1/1 Photo of Mushroom Quesadillas, Healthy
While this serves 6 keep in mind that these are HEALTHY portions. If your feeding teenage boys you'll be lucky to get 2 servings. However, you'll feel better knowing that they are eating good for them food. I actually reccomend the micro method on this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 24 inches whole wheat tortillas
- 6 tablespoons shredded low-fat monterey jack pepper cheese or 6 tablespoons low-fat cheddar cheese
- salsa (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray a large skillet with vegetable oil. Cook mushrooms, onion and garlic in skillet over medium heat until onion is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3Stir in cilantro and remove from heat. Arrange one-third of the mushroom mixture on half of one tortilla.
- 4Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Fold the other half of the tortilla over cheese.
- 5Place on a baking sheet.
- 6Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 3 quesadillas total.
- 7Bake quesadillas about 5 minutes, or until filling is hot and cheese melts.
- 8Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges.
- 9Serve warm with salsa if desired.
- 10MICROWAVE METHOD:.
- 11Spray a microwave-safe casserole with vegetable oil.
- 12Add mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- 13Cook, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 5 to 7 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring twice.
- 14Stir in cilantro.
- 15Assemble quesadillas as directed above and arrange them on a microwave-safe plate or platter.
- 16Cook, rotating plate once, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes, or until filling is hot and cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Quesadillas, Healthy
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 13.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas
low-fat monterey jack pepper cheese