1/2 Photos of Mushroom Quesadillas
This recipe came from the foodtv website and I think that it was from the How to Boil Water series. I did revise slightly. Anyway, it is a great recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves (may use less if you desire)
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 8 ounces grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line baking sheet with foil.
- 3Melt 2 Tablespoon butter in a mediun skillet over med-high heat.
- 4Add mushrooms and shake pan to evenly distribute the mushrooms, then cook without moving the mushrooms around.
- 5This should take about 5 minutes.
- 6Add remaining butter.
- 7Toss the mushrooms and continue to cook until nicely browned, 2-3 minutes.
- 8Season the mushrooms with chili powder and salt and cook for 1 more minute.
- 9Stir in the chopped cilantro and set aside.
- 10Toast the tortillas using any method you prefer, until slightly blistered.
- 11Place the tortillas on the prepared baking sheet.
- 12Spread the jack cheese on 1/2 of each tortilla and top with some of the mushrooms, then feta cheese.
- 13Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling.
- 14Lay another sheet of foil over the quesadillas.
- 15Bake until the cheese melts, 12-15 minutes.
- 16Serve whole or slice into wedges.
- 17Serve garnishes on side.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.2
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 86.7 mg
- Sodium 1205.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 24.3 g