Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from the foodtv website and I think that it was from the How to Boil Water series. I did revise slightly. Anyway, it is a great recipe.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves (may use less if you desire)
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 8 ounces grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- sour cream
- salsa, as desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Melt 2 Tablespoon butter in a mediun skillet over med-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and shake pan to evenly distribute the mushrooms, then cook without moving the mushrooms around.
- This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining butter.
- Toss the mushrooms and continue to cook until nicely browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Season the mushrooms with chili powder and salt and cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro and set aside.
- Toast the tortillas using any method you prefer, until slightly blistered.
- Place the tortillas on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the jack cheese on 1/2 of each tortilla and top with some of the mushrooms, then feta cheese.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling.
- Lay another sheet of foil over the quesadillas.
- Bake until the cheese melts, 12-15 minutes.
- Serve whole or slice into wedges.
- Serve garnishes on side.
I am a mushroom lover and really enjoyed this quesadilla. The chile powder is sensational with the feta. It made a new taste for me! I have an electric stove so I "puffed up" my tortilla in the pan. I liked that it didn't require oil. I was out of cilantro, so will try that next time. I almost used all the mushrooms for the one quesadilla - a real treat for me, since my family don't care too much for them. Roxygirl
This was very good. Loved the mushrooms! No feta here either- I like it but was out. I will be making this again and again! thanks JQ!