Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious mushroom quesadillas
Make and share this Mushroom Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced (oyster, cremini, button & shitake)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped plus more to garnish
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 lime wedges
- 2 green onions, sliced
- lime crema
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lime, zest of
- squeeze lime juice
- Prepare lime crema by combining all ingredients. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions til starting to become translucent, about 3 minute Add mushrooms, jalapeno, and garlic. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper. Cook til mushrooms release juices then start to brown, about 5 minute Add cilantro. Remove from heat.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add a tortilla. layer with ¼ cup Monterey Jack, 1/4 of the mushrooms, 1 tablespoon Feta, then another 1/4 cup Monterey jack cheese. Top with a second tortilla. Cook until crisp and browned on both sides.
- Slice and serve with lime crema, green onions. cilantro, and salsa of choice. If desired amp up the heat by replacing jalapeno with a hotter variety or serving with a hot salsa.