Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fundamental ingredient for the Portobello Mushroom pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 4 portabella mushroom caps, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, button chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried porcini mushrooms, reconstituted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- kosher salt, as needed
- Place oil in hot pan. Saute onion and garlic until translucent.
- Deglaze with wine.
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add rosemary, cream and salt and reduce slightly. Puree. Makes 1 cup or enough for 2 pizza dough rounds.