Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Do you like mushrooms and puff pastry, well this is the appetizer for you. My friend made these for me and I absolutely loved them. You can use any mixture of mushrooms that you prefer, or go with just one type. I personally prefer wild and cremini. Use a good quality wine and parmesan cheese, when the dish is ready it will have a nicer flavor.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, 10 x 10 inch thawed, and rolled out 1/8-inch thickness
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mixed mushrooms, whole (mixture, your choice)
- 3⁄4 cup onion, sweet, coarsly chopped
- 1 shallot, small, french, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, sea
- 1⁄4 cup white wine, good quality
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated, good quality
- 2 teaspoons thyme, fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lay pastry on a lightly floured surface and trim to form square.
- Cut the pastry into 36 squares and place on baking sheet, then brush lightly with egg.
- Bake until golden 10 - 12 minutes and remove from oven, let cool.
- Lower the heat to 350.
- Heat the butter in a pan over med - high heat. Add the mushrooms, onions and shallots.
- Season with the sea salt and cayenne pepper and cook until mushrooms brown - 10 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until it has all been absorbed.
- Put the mushrooms mixture, creme fraiche, cheese and herb in a food processor or mixer and pulse 2 - 3 times, just until the mixture is combined, you don't want to puree it.
- To assemble cut each puff-pastry square in half crosswise and fill with 1/2 tsp mushroom filling.
- Then bake for 5 minutes.
- This is best served warm.
This was soooooo good! I'm going to be asked to make this all summer. Great Job Baby Kato! You made me look good tonight.
wow these are amazing. Wonderful flavors. And very easy to do. They taste like the ones I bought but these are way cheaper and better. I used plain yogurt instead of creme fraiche. I used white button mushrooms. Thanks baby Kato :) Made for the Australian recipe swap for January 2012
YUM! I used sour cream and I also added 2 tablespoons of blue cheese crumbles. These will be made again and again! Made for CQ2014.