Recipe by Baby Kato
Do you like mushrooms and puff pastry, well this is the appetizer for you. My friend made these for me and I absolutely loved them. You can use any mixture of mushrooms that you prefer, or go with just one type. I personally prefer wild and cremini. Use a good quality wine and parmesan cheese, when the dish is ready it will have a nicer flavor.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, 10 x 10 inch thawed, and rolled out 1/8-inch thickness
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mixed mushrooms, whole (mixture, your choice)
- 3⁄4 cup onion, sweet, coarsly chopped
- 1 shallot, small, french, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, sea
- 1⁄4 cup white wine, good quality
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated, good quality
- 2 teaspoons thyme, fresh, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lay pastry on a lightly floured surface and trim to form square.
- Cut the pastry into 36 squares and place on baking sheet, then brush lightly with egg.
- Bake until golden 10 - 12 minutes and remove from oven, let cool.
- Lower the heat to 350.
- Heat the butter in a pan over med - high heat. Add the mushrooms, onions and shallots.
- Season with the sea salt and cayenne pepper and cook until mushrooms brown - 10 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until it has all been absorbed.
- Put the mushrooms mixture, creme fraiche, cheese and herb in a food processor or mixer and pulse 2 - 3 times, just until the mixture is combined, you don't want to puree it.
- To assemble cut each puff-pastry square in half crosswise and fill with 1/2 tsp mushroom filling.
- Then bake for 5 minutes.
- This is best served warm.