Recipe by kzbhansen
I love mushrooms and like to try diffrent mushroom recipes this one is yummy
Top Review by Hey Jude
This is very good, with really intense mushroom flavor. I made as written...the prep and cook times were perfect. The 'puff' falls pretty quickly after removing the dish from the oven....didn't have a chance to take a pic. The 'fall' doesn't affect the flavor. My husband and I enjoyed this dish...thanks kzbhansen!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 eggs, seperated
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon onion, Minced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet, add mushrooms, cover and saute over med heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Uncover and saute 5 minutes more until all the juices are absorbed.
- Reduce heat, blend in flour, add Sherry worcestershire sauce and mushroom soup. Stir until thickened.
- Blend in well beaten egg yolks and stir over low heat for 1 minute.
- Add parsley, onion and seasonings. Let cool.
- Beat egg whites until foamy, add cream of tartar. Beat until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into the mushroom mixture.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Bake in ungreased 10 X 6 X 2 baking dish at 350 for 1 hour or until puffed and brown.