Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from TOH.
- 4 cups uncooked penne or 4 cups penne pasta
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add prosciutto; saute for 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into the skillet. Add parsley and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta; add to the skillet and stir to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.