Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Serve this with pasta and a crisp salad. This makes quite a bit so scale back for smaller servings.
- 3 -4 lbs pork tenderloin, 3-4, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Dredge pork slices in flour.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet.
- Brown pork in batches on both sides; remove and keep each batch warm in oven.
- Stir in wine or broth, water, onions, garlic and seasonings into drippings in pan.
- Return pork to skillet, layering if necessary.
- Top with mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat juices run clear.