1 hr 20 mins
Polenta con Funghi, in '1,000 Italian Recipes' by Michele Scicolone
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces finely chopped pancetta
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package white mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 cup coarsely ground yellow cornmeal, preferably stone-ground
- 1In a big skillet, combine the pancetta, onion, and oil; cook until the pancetta and onion are lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- 2Add in the mushrooms and parsley; cook until the mushroom liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes.
- 3Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4In a 2 quart saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil.
- 5In a small bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1 cup cold water.
- 6Pour the cornmeal mixture into the boiling water and cook; stirring constantly, until it comes to a boil.
- 7Decrease the heat to very low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the polenta is thick and creamy, about 30 minutes.
- 8If the polenta becomes too thick, stir in more water.
- 9Stir the contents of the skillet into the polenta; pour the mixture onto a warm platter; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: