Nana Lee's Note:
Russian version of Pierogi apps. Quick, easy, and "freezable"! The size of the piecrust pkg is a guess. I'd use something like Jiffy piecrust mix. Also, if you have a potsticker former, you can use it to cut and fold these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE FILLING
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 hard-boiled egg yolk, chopped
FOR THE PASTRY
- 1 (8 ounce) package pie crust mix, crumpled (or 2 pie crust sticks)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 2In medium skillet, saute onions in butter just until tender.
- 3Add mushrooms; saute 3 minutes.
- 4Stir in salt, pepper, and egg yolk; cool.
- 5In medium bowl, combine pie crust mix and sour cream; mix until ball forms.
- 6Divide in half; roll half lightly on floured board to 1/8-inch thickness.
- 7Cut into rounds with 3-inch cookie cutter.
- 8Spoon about 1 tsp filling onto half of circle.
- 9Moisten edges of pastry with water; fold half circle over and press edges with fork.
- 10Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- 11Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 12Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 13Serve hot.
- 14TO MAKE AHEAD:.
- 15Piroshkies can be frozen on cookie sheet before baking, then place in plastic bags.
- 16Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-18 minutes.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Piroshkie(Pierogi) Appetizers T-R-L
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.3
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 96.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g