Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
Wonderful as appetizers, or with soup and salad
Make and share this Mushroom Pinwheels recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups finely chopped mushrooms (your choice-portobella is good)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 -2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour (may use 1/2 cup whole wheat flour to replace 1/2 cup white flour)
- 1 (3/4 ounce) envelope fast rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- To make Mushroom Filling:.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, garlic salt and black pepper. Remove from heat; drain any excess liquid. Let cool.
- Combine 2/3 cup flour, undissolved yeast and salt. Heat water, milk and olive oil until very warm (120º to130ºF). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll dough to 16 x 9-inch rectangle. Spread evenly with Mushroom Filling, then sprinkle with cheese. Beginning at long end, roll up tightly as for jelly roll. Pinch seam to seal. Mix egg white with water; brush on all sides of dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cut into 12 equal portions. Place, cut sides up, on greased baking sheet. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375ºF for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Serve warm.
Very good! I omitted the sesame seed cause I didn't have any. The filling is wonderful and the dough was easy to work with.