1/1 Photo of Mushroom Pineapple Fried Brown Rice With Tempeh
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This was made entirely from leftovers I had in the fridge last night. I'm a sucker for NEVER letting anything go bad in the fridge, especially yummy leftover veggies like mushrooms, red peppers, scallion and juicy pineapple! Simmering the tempeh cubes in some tamari or soy sauce gives the cubes a real rich flavor. I might add a drop or two of liquid smoke next time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the block of tempeh into 1/2 " cubes.
- 2In a small sauce pan add soy sauce, tempeh cubes and enough water or broth to cover the cubes.
- 3Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 4In the meantime, heat the canola oil over medium heat, add mushrooms, red pepper, and white parts of scallion, and saute until mushrooms shrink a bit.
- 5Toss in the pineapple and simmered tempeh cubes.
- 6Finally add cooked riced, sesame oil (to taste) and either add a splash of tamari, or the extra liquid and broth from the simmered tempeh.
- 7Check for seasoning and add white pepper if desired, top with green parts of scallion and serve.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Pineapple Fried Brown Rice With Tempeh
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.6
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 677.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 10.3 g