Recipe by Mizzy
another savory pie using the same dough recipe. I use some ingredients on this that can only be found in Israeli supermarkets (name mushroom soup powder). Feel free to replace with seasoned salt or a boullibon cube crushed up.
- 1 cup soft butter or 1 cup margarine (about 200g)
- 2 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 8 ounces nonfat sour cream or 8 ounces yogurt
- 1 lb mushroom
- 1⁄2 lb dried mushroom, reconstitue these according to directions on package if using (optional)
- 3 tablespoons mushroom soup mix or 3 tablespoons vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chives or 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces milk
- 1 -2 egg (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- add any extra cheese, you like,grated (or crumbled)
Directions See How It's Made
- prepare dough by mixing the ingerdients together by hand until well blended.
- refrigerate until filling is prepared.
- meanwhile, prepare a 9X13 inch pan, and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- to prepare filling: melt the butter in a large sauce pan.
- Add the green onion or chives.
- cool until just cooked, then and add mushrooms.
- When mushrooms are completely cooked, add the mushroom soup powder gradually while stirring constantly.
- Add the whipping cream and milk, while whisking.
- cook mixture over medium heat and bring to a sour cream like consistency.
- Remove mushroom mixture from heat.
- Add the chopped dill, and season with salt and pepper.
- let mixture cool slightly at room temperature and add the eggs.
- In prepared pan, flatten out 2/3 of the dough.
- Pour mushroom mixture into pan, and sprinkle with any cheese you want.
- roll the remaining dough between your palms into strips and lay over the filling back and forth (in a lattice pattern).
- SPrinkle with parmesan, sesame seeds and black pepper.
- Bake at 350 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly puffy.