Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A really versatile recipe. Use as a veggie side, light supper or appetizer. Great served hot or cold. Enjoy! =)
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms, sliced thin and sauteed in
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped chives or 1 cup green onion (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sauté mushrooms and green onions until soft and slightly browned.
- Place in unbaked pie shell.
- Combine melted butter and crumbs and set aside.
- Mix all the rest of the ingredients and pour into pie shell.
- Top with crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
This recipe was extremely enjoyable served alongside our Easter ham. I was looking for something outside the traditional potato side dish and this hit the spot! I added some shredded Swiss cheese on top of the mushrooms and onions before pouring the filling over and this turned out nicely. I thought the filling could have used a little extra flavor, I wound up tasting mostly ricotta, which is a little bland unless paired with something stronger - my husband disagreed so it may just be me. Overall a great recipe that I'll definitely keep available for future use!