Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was printed in a local Farming magazine, I havent tried it yet, but am planning on it very soon as it looks so yummy.
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells, unbaked
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Prick bottom of pie crust and bake 5 minutes cool completely.
- Reduce oven temp to 350*.
- For filling, melt the butter in a large skillet over med heat. Add the green onions and garlic. Cook until tender. Add the mushrooms, and cook until all liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat,.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the crust. Spoon half the mushroom mixture over the cheese. Repeat with remaining cheese and mushrooms.
- Whisk eggs, cream, herbs, salt and pepper. Pour over the mushrooms and cheese.
- Bake 40- 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 mins before serving.