Recipe by Nina Lee
This is a simple recipe that goes great with tortilla chips or beef tacos. It is very similar to the pico served at the Mazatlan and Mazatlan 2 restaurants.
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 small red onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime (juiced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop all of the ingredients and mix well in a bowl. If you don't like a strong onion flavor, use a shallot instead.
- Add your olive oil, lime juice and cooking sherry to the bowl, mix well, add more if needed.
- Salt and pepper to taste (doesn't need to be exactly 1/2 teaspoons of each).