Recipe by Lois M
These are really easy, can be made ahead, frozen etc... and are quite tasty warm or cold. If you are intimidated by phyllo dough (don't be, phyllo is your friend, and very forgiving) you could use Crescent dinner rolls, rolled and cut into squares, for the pastry.
Top Review by pines506
These were excellent. I've made them a few of times already, and they disappeared each time. I used frozen prebaked mini phyllo cups. Huge timesaver. Just watch them, since the shells are prebaked, so they don't burn.
- 4 sheets phyllo dough or 1 (8 ounce) canpillsbury crescent roll dough
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, separated
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 finely chopped shallots or 2 tablespoons onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic & flour; mix well.
- Cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add cream and cheese; mix well.
- Cook 2 to 3 more minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently; set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in a small dish in microwave.
- Brush one sheet of phyllo with butter, place another sheet on top, and brush with butter, repeat, do not butter top of last sheet.
- Cut phyllo into 24 equal squares, and place each square into ungreased mini muffin cups.
- Spoon one heaping teaspoon mushroom mixture into each cup.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley.