Recipe by Missy Wombat
A recipe originally from Cordon Vert. Serve with a crisp green salad, new potatoes and steamed broccoli
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, & extra to brush
- 3 onions, chopped
- 4 large leeks, chopped
- 3 lbs mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 lb cooked white rice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 sheets phyllo pastry
- 2 onions, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peach chutney
- 10 -12 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 220C°/425F°/Gas 7.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and sweat the onions, leeks and mushrooms until tender.
- Stir in the fresh oregano and cooked white rice and season to taste.
- Take two large roasting pans and layer 3 sheets of phyllo pastry in each one, brushing with olive oil between each layer.
- Put half the leek and mushroom filling into each dish and cover with three more layers of oiled phyllo pastry.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
- Reduce the heat after 10 minutes if getting too brown.
- Meanwhile make the coulis: Gently fry the onions in the oil until tender, add the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add the chutney and water and heat through gently.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve slices of the pie with a little peach coulis poured around.