Missy Wombat's Note:
A recipe originally from Cordon Vert. Serve with a crisp green salad, new potatoes and steamed broccoli
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, & extra to brush
- 3 onions, chopped
- 4 large leeks, chopped
- 3 lbs mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 lb cooked white rice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1Preheat the oven to 220C°/425F°/Gas 7.
- 2In a large pan, heat the olive oil and sweat the onions, leeks and mushrooms until tender.
- 3Stir in the fresh oregano and cooked white rice and season to taste.
- 4Take two large roasting pans and layer 3 sheets of phyllo pastry in each one, brushing with olive oil between each layer.
- 5Put half the leek and mushroom filling into each dish and cover with three more layers of oiled phyllo pastry.
- 6Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
- 7Reduce the heat after 10 minutes if getting too brown.
- 8Meanwhile make the coulis: Gently fry the onions in the oil until tender, add the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes, stirring all the time.
- 9Add the chutney and water and heat through gently.
- 10Blend until smooth.
- 11Serve slices of the pie with a little peach coulis poured around.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Phyllo Pie with Spicy Peach Coulis
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.6
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 105.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: