Charlotte J's Note:
Saw this on Everyday Italian. Recipe from Giada De Laurentiis
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the porcini mushrooms in a bowl of hot water; press to submerge.
- 2Let stand until the mushrooms are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3Scoop out mushrooms, being carefully not to stir any dirt that may have sunk to the bottom of the water.
- 4Discard mushroom water.
- 5Combine the porcini mushrooms, button mushrooms, walnuts, garlic, and parsley in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- 6With the machine running, gradually add 1/2 cup of the oil, blending just until the mushrooms are finely chopped.
- 7Transfer the mushroom mixture to a medium bowl.
- 8Stir in the Parmesan.
- 9Season the pesto with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 10If not using mushroom pesto right away, cover tightly with plastic wrap to prevent possible discoloration of mushrooms.
- 11Preheat a grill pan to medium-high heat.
- 12Arrange the bread slices on pan, cut-side down.
- 13Brush the remaining 1/4 cup of oil over the bread slices.
- 14Cook until pale golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 15Alternatively, you can toast the bread in the oven.
- 16Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 17Arrange the bread slices on 2 heavy large baking sheet.
- 18Brush the remaining 1/4 cup of oil over the bread slices.
- 19Bake until pale golden and crisp, about 15 minutes.
- 20Spread the mushroom pesto over the crostini.
- 21Arrange the crostini on a platter and serve.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Pesto Crostini
Serving Size: 1 (2925 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2839.4
- Calories from Fat 856
- Total Fat 95.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 4955.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 414.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 81.2 g