Recipe by Annacia
Lighten up and enjoy this healthy recipe for far less sinful pizza pleasure. Optimistically this makes 6 servings but not in my house, 3 people polished it off easily. From Eat Well, Stay Well
Top Review by nemokitty
This was a good pizza! I used the Pillsbury canned crust and left off the green pepper.. we don't like them. I only used button mushrooms because that's all the store had. It was delicious! Made for Zaar's Newest Tag Game 2011.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb pizza dough (purchased or homemade)
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat.
- Add the bell peppers and saute for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add the mushrooms, onion slices (if using), oregano and salt, and cook for 4 minutes or until the mushroom liquid has evaporated.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- Spray a 12-inch pizza pan or large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pat the dough into a 12-inch round.
- Cover and let stand in a warm spot for 25 minutes or until doubled. Bake for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce and cinnamon.
- Spoon over the pizza.
- Top with the pepper mixture and the mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the crust is browned.