Top Review by Bergy
Another winner Dancer! I used tiny tartlet tins(1 1/4" across, 1/2" deep) and got 2 dozen - only needed 20 minutes in the oven. Great flavor and a very easy recipe to follow - One step was missed - mixing the mushrooms with the cream cheese mixture - it is obvious though that you combine the two before filling the phyllo cups Thanks Dancer
- 1 (12 ounce) package white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup madeira wine
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 5 sheets phyllo dough
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Clean the mushrooms, put into a food processor and process until ground.
- Remove the mushrooms from the processor, put them into a clean towel, and squeeze out the moisture.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and the oil in a skillet, add the mushrooms and green onions and fry until the mushrooms appear dry.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat the wine to a boil and cook until reduced to 1 tablespoon.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs, cream cheese, the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, the tarragon and parsley.
- Taste and season with the salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Unroll the phyllo dough, remove 1 sheet at a time, and baste with the melted butter, until 5 sheets have been basted.
- Cut into approximately 3-inch squares.
- Push into a mini-cupcake pan.
- Put approximately 1 tablespoon of the mushroom mixture into each phyllo pastry basket.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the phyllo starts to brown.
- To serve, remove from the pans, while still warm and serve.