1/1 Photo of Mushroom Pate In Phyllo Pastry Baskets
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup madeira wine
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 5 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/4-1/2 cup cup butter, melted
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2Clean the mushrooms, put into a food processor and process until ground.
- 3Remove the mushrooms from the processor, put them into a clean towel, and squeeze out the moisture.
- 4Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and the oil in a skillet, add the mushrooms and green onions and fry until the mushrooms appear dry.
- 5Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- 6In the same skillet, heat the wine to a boil and cook until reduced to 1 tablespoon.
- 7Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs, cream cheese, the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, the tarragon and parsley.
- 8Taste and season with the salt and pepper.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Unroll the phyllo dough, remove 1 sheet at a time, and baste with the melted butter, until 5 sheets have been basted.
- 11Cut into approximately 3-inch squares.
- 12Push into a mini-cupcake pan.
- 13Put approximately 1 tablespoon of the mushroom mixture into each phyllo pastry basket.
- 14Bake for 30 minutes or until the phyllo starts to brown.
- 15To serve, remove from the pans, while still warm and serve.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Pate In Phyllo Pastry Baskets
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.2
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 357.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 7.3 g