Every need that last minute great entertaining dish? Well, hopefully, this simple and easy dish is your wish! Always inspired by what I read and see! Look forward who first review my unique recipe! SOURCE: What's On The List? http://whatsonthelist.wordpress.com/2012/12/25/mushroom-pate-a-is-for-appetizer/
- 15 g dried porcini mushrooms, mushrooms*
- 15 g dried shiitake mushrooms, mushrooms*
- 470 g mushrooms (I used portabello with 4 large caps mushrooms)
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 120 g feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh curly-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cracker, to serve
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add dried and fresh mushrooms and cook for 8 – 10 minutes. Add port, toss to coat and set aside.
- In a food processor, add mushroom mixture and blend until finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in feta cheese and pulse until smooth, adding water is required. (I used 3 tablespoons).
- Stir through parsley. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- * NOTE: No need to pre-soak the dried mushrooms.