Recipe by Susiecat too
This is a *very* simple, mild mushroom pate. You can use whatever kind of mushrooms you prefer, or an assortment. Just so long as they are fresh, never canned. It is my attempt to replace chopped liver, a snack treat served in my family for all previous generations, but now out of favor due to health concerns.
Top Review by spiritussancto
i reduced the oil to about 1.5 Tbs and replaced the egg with 3 Tbs light cream cheese. also added 2 cloves garlic and about 1 tsp each of dill, oregano, and basil. kind of a mix of several mushroom pate recipes but i'm liking it!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 egg, hard boiled
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in olive oil until soft.
- Add mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat until tender and browning around the edges (the mushrooms and also the onions.).
- Put onion-mushroom mixture with hard boiled egg in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill and serve cold, with good bread alongside.