Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came in the instruction booklet of my Sunbeam food processor. It's a simple, creamy pate for any mushroom lover. Herbs can be added to jazz it up a bit.
- 300 g mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 50 g butter
- 200 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon chives, freshly chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Slice mushrooms and chop onions.
- Heat butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion and mushrooms until soft; drain any juices from the mushroom onion mixture and allow to cool.
- In a food processor, mix mushroom onion mixture with remaining ingredients until nice and smooth.
- Pour into serving bowl and refrigerate for 2 or more hours before serving.
- Serve with Melba toasts or crackers.
It's good but the taste of chives is overpowering. If I try it again, I will probably omit the chives.