Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Awesome, easy and elegant! I've used this for years and always get rave reviews. I make it the day before to save time party day.
- In a food processor chop mushrooms, garlic and scallions.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and add chopped items.
- Sauté till soft.
- Add chicken stock and cook on high till all the liquid has evaporated.
- Combine cream cheese and 2 tbsp butter in food processor.
- Add mushroom mixture and process till combined.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put in crock or container and refrigerate till ready to serve.
i also used boursin cheese and white wine instead of cream cheese and chicken stock. I had everyone asking me for the recipe and they were amazed how easy something so good was.
Catering a private dinner for the dignitaries of a state convention, I used this recipe for the topping of my beef wellington. 100 stars! I had a hard time from keeping all the help I had in the kitchen from eating this before I got it on the meat. Next time, I will make four times the recipe and eat it by itself. Oh! I did not use the cream cheese, but substituted the homemade boursin cheese I had used to stuff my chicken breasts the night previously to this meal. You will never, ever go wrong with this. Did I say 100 stars? I meant 1000.
love this, I used white wine instead of chicken broth, great flavor. ty