Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted for ZWT6
Make and share this Mushroom Pastries recipe from Food.com.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh chives, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 6 phyllo pastry sheets, thawed (17X12)
- 2 -3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Saute the red peppers, garlic, & mushrooms until tender. Remove from heat then stir in chives and spices.
- Unroll the phyllo sheets but keep covered with a damp towel. (This prevents them from drying out).
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on a clean work surface, spray with cooking spray. Lay another sheet on top, spraying it & then again with another sheet. (Repeat with the other 3 sheets so that you have 2 stacks).
- Use a sharp knife to cut each stack into 4 squares. Place a heaping spoonful of mushroom mixture onto each square.
- Sprinkle with cheese then bring the edges of the pastry up. Gently twist together and seal.
- Place on the cookie sheet & bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.