Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
If you like pasta, mushrooms, butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parmesan and hard grated ricotta cheeses, you’ll love this or your money back! (Just go to the store where you bought your groceries and tell them I said to give you a refund. Shouldn’t be a problem.)
Top Review by Red Chef Mama
LOVED this pasta! One of the best I have tried. I think the mushrooms is what makes this dish, the way they get carmalized in the pan...mmmm...I had to make more because I kept eating them before the noodles were ready! I have never heard of hard ricotta cheese before, so I used the same ricotta that I always use and it turned out great! Thanks for posting, we will be having this again! :)
- 1⁄2 lb pasta (I used large gemelli)
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 large button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated ricotta cheese (must be the hard, good quality stuff)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in skillet over medium-high heat, then arrange mushrooms in as much of a single layer as possible to obtain maximum contact with skillet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. You can add a bit of onion powder too, if you like. DO NOT STIR. Sorry to yell, but it’s important. You can stir it in a couple of minutes and continue to flip them around every few minutes until they’re done. Set aside.
- Boil the pasta until al dente, but --.
- -- while pasta is cooking, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Swirl it around so it doesn’t burn; you want it to brown, but not turn bitter, so watch it very carefully. Continue stirring until the butter turns tan, then remove from heat. It will continue to cook in the pan, so take that into account. What you want is a medium-brown colored butter with a nutty aroma. OMG! YUMMAGE!
- Oh. Heh. Sorry.
- Drain pasta well, then fold in the browned butter. (Oops, I drooled. Time out while I go change my shirt).
- (K, I’m back.) Combine the cheeses.
- Stir mushrooms and cheeses into pasta and serve.