Top Review by Miss Annie
This is an outstanding dish. All of the flavors worked beautifully together. With the spinach it is differen't from other scampi' that I have had. Loved the green with the pink of the shrimp. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe. You can bet I will be using this one again.
- 8 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, white,sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 lb large shrimp, frozen peeled and deveined,thawed
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, trimmed and torn
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender and mushroom liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add shrimp; cover and cook about 5 minutes or until shrimp is almost cooked through.
- Stir in spinach and reserved 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Cover and cook about 1 minute or until spinach is wilted.
- Place pasta in serving bowl; stir in mushroom and shrimp mixtures, Parmesan cheese and red pepper.
- Toss to combine.
- Season with salt, if desired.