Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have made this for a few years. My family loves it. I got it from an old Taste of Home magazine. Easy and goes great with beef.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups ring orzo pasta or 1 1⁄3 cups other small shell pasta, uncooked
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushroom stems, and pieced undrained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients including dry pasta; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the pasta is tender and liquid in absorbed.
This is sooo good! I make mine with small ring pasta. It has such an addictive taste and texture. Goes great with a beef roast and it's nice to have a unique side to serve.
Very easy and very good! I made a couple of changes-used fresh mushrooms that I sauteed briefly, and used chicken broth instead of beef consomme, since I was serving this with fish. But I will be making the beef version for sure! Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef game.