1/1 Photo of Mushroom Pasta Gratin
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe comes from the wonderful book "Mon premier dîner végétarien" by Alice Hart, which I was gifted for my bday a couple of weeks ago. It makes for a rich, yet not overly heavy pasta gratin that is perfect for entertaining or just for indulging by yourself. :) I made a few modifications from the original recipe and this was the result. I hope youll like it as much as we do. If you like, try other vegetables or herbs and spices to vary this according to your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300 g brown button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced (or mixed mushrooms)
- 1 onion, chopped (half of it comes from the bechamel sauce if using my recipe)
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 250 g penne pasta, cooked according to package directions (whole wheat is fine)
- 1 mozzarella cheese, ball cubed (low-fat works fine)
- 3 tablespoons camembert cheese, cubed (low-fat works fine)
- 500 ml bechamel sauce (recommended Basic Béchamel Sauce With Lots of Flavour)
- 5 tablespoons cheese, grated (I used a mix of 4 cheeses, use your favourite)
- 1In a frying pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms, onion and garlic. Fry until slightly browned. Add sage, rosemary, black pepper and chilli powder. Set aside.
- 2In your baking dish (it should hold about 1.5 l/6 cups) combine mushroom mixture, pasta, mozzarella and camembert.
- 3Pour the béchamel sauce over it and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- 4Bake in the pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned on top and sauce is bubbling.
- 5Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Pasta Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.2
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 271.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: