Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Perhaps you can serve this as a Valentine dish! It is good at any time. Use a good quality PURE parmesan cheese. It costs more but is worth it. Grate your own then it is really fresh and the flavor comes through
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lite olive oil (or virgin)
- 1 cup portabella mushroom, sliced (you may use shitake or brown or regular mushrooms)
- 1 cup canned Italian tomatoes, chopped,drained (reserve liquid)
- 8 black olives, pitted,cut in half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or less)
- 2 cups cooked penne or 2 cups other pastas
- 4 teaspoons parmesan cheese, graterd
- salt & pepper
- fresh basil leaf, to garnish (to garnish)
- In a skillet heat oil and add the onion& garlic when fragrent,add tomatoes& mushrooms, add reserved liquid, cover and simmer for 15 minutes Add olives and hot pepper& season if you wish.
- Place hot cooked pasta in a serving bowl Top with mushroom sauce, toss to combine Sprinkle with parmesan, garnish with basil and serve.
This was a filling and tasty dish I used Kalamata Olives and Shitake Mushrooms and lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Great, simple dish! Amen to using good quality parmesan. I have no idea what black mushroom is so i use regular and shiitake mushrooms. Thx Bergy
This is the first "meatless" dish I've made for my husband on my new diet. I added too much red pepper flake, but other than that, this was a great dish. I also added some chopped fresh green squash and let the sauce cook longer than the recipe requires, to let the ingredients cook down a bit. Will add this one to my dinner file!