Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 250 g freshly cooked pasta
- 500 g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 15 g dried mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 600 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- salt and pepper
- Soak the dried mushrooms in 300ml hot water for 30 mins.
- Strain and preserve the soaking liquid.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shallots till soft.
- Add dry mushrooms, liquid, tomato puree, parsley and seasoning.
- Simmer for 15 mins.
- Add the other mushrooms and cook for 5 mins.
- Warm milk.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add flour and cook for a min.
- Stir in milk.
- Then cook, whisking, until sauce is smooth and thick.
- Add seasoning.
- Arrange the ingredients in layers in a buttered shallow oblong dish in the following order; sauce, pasta, mushroom, pasta, mushroom, pasta, sauce, sprinkling grated cheese over each layer.
- Bake for 15 to 20 min, until golden brown.