From Cooking Light...Use any combo of fresh mushrooms in this appetizer. Could also be good over pasta! Shaved parmigiano-reggiano looks fancy, but you can also grate the cheese and stir it into the topping.
- 1⁄2 cup plum tomato, chopped & seeded
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 10 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup baby portabella mushroom cap, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 slices French baguettes, diagonally cut & toasted (approx 1/2 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 cup parmagiano parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shaved
- Combine first seven ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a med. skillet over med heat. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add mushroom mixture to tomato mixture and toss well to combine.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp mushroom mixture onto each bread slice. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Serve immediately.
This is really good! I used all baby bella mushrooms because that's all of these three that my store had today. I love the ingredients of this bruschetta! I did bake mine after I assembled them at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes because I wanted the cheese melty and the bread crunchy. I put olive oil on a baking sheet and then rubbed both sides of the bread with it and then put my topping on. Next time, I might use less vinegar because it sort of came out stronger than the other flavors but really good!!