- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms or 1 cup other mushroom
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- In small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until lightly browned, 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Bring water to boil in medium pan.
- Gradually add cornmeal, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and soupy.
- Continue cooking and stirring over medium heat until mixture is as thick as cooked oatmeal.
- Stir in cheese and half-and-half.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in mushrooms.
- Serve immediately.