- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute the rice in butter for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add celery and onion; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cook and stir until the celery is tender.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Stir in the broth, water, soy sauce and parsley.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.