Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These sound so yummy for a perfect evening appetizer with friends. Found in my KA mixer manual, I'm looking forward to tasting these little flavorful bites. Note: instructions are listed just as they are in the manual, but can be adjusted to use any mixer.
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 3⁄4 cup flour, plus
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- Place cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter in mixer bowl.
- Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer.
- Turn to Speed 4 and beat about 1 minute.
- Stop and scrape bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup flour.
- Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 1 minute, or until well blended.
- Form mixture into ball.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill 1 hour.
- Divide chilled dough into 24 pieces.
- Press each piece into greased miniature muffin cup.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in 10" skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and onions.
- Cook and stir til tender.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Place egg, remaining 1 tablespoon flour and thyme in clean mixer bowl.
- Using the flat beater, turn to Speed 6 and beat about 30 seconds.
- Stir in cheese and cooled mushroom mixture.
- Spoon into pastry-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 375* for 15-20 minutes, or until egg mixture is puffed and golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Yummy little tarts. I made 12 minis and 3 in regular muffin cups. Both sizes were done at 18 minutes. We all actually liked the bigger ones more, they're more flavorful. Used sweet onion in place of the greens. My only complaint is that they needed salt. Next time I'll add 1/4 - 1/2 tsp to the filling. I love the thyme. And they're actually better once they cool off IMO. Thanks for sharing!
I made these alongside 8 other appetizers for a dinner party I was having and these were the _only_ ones to be consumed entirely and to have seconds [thirds, and fourths!] requested!
I am so glad I found these again! My KA recipe books are packed away, and I want to make these for Thanksgiving this year. These are wonderful!! I made these 2 times, and they were a huge hit both times. Thank you for posting this recipe.