Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a recipe my sister initially introduced to me. She makes it for every dinner party or gathering she has. It originally came from the recipe website called Break Eggs, which is no longer online. And, I buy the pre-shaped pastry cups, so I don't have to use phyllo.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed as directed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 -3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 10 x 10-inch square. Cut into squares by cutting five strips across and four strips down (should yield 20 squares).
- Press each puff pastry square into miniature muffin cups.
- Evenly spoon the goat's cheese into the tart dough cups.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the onions, and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whip together the egg, thyme and salt.
- Stir in the cooled mushroom mixture.
- Evenly place the mushroom mixture over the goat's cheese.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 12 - 17 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.