Recipe by lazyme
I have no idea where I got this recipe but it's been in my To Try file for a long time.
- 5 cups vidalia onions, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup cracker crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onions with butter, mushrooms and salt; simmer for 5 minutes in a medium size sauce pan.
- Add cream cheese.
- When melted, add flour and milk.
- Turn into a 2 qt greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with mixture of grated cheese and crumbs.
- Bake in a hot 400F oven for 30 minutes.