Recipe by Richard-NYC
I wanted to share this "no-brainer" of a recipe with my Zaar buds.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! This was so simple and loved the red pepper flakes in this. Served over a rib-eye steak and it was a wonderful dinner. Thanks Richard-NYC for sharing this great recipe. Made for Cookbook Tag.
- 1 (10 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 vidalia onions, slice thin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and oil in large skillet.
- Add onions and cook until softened.
- Add mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat stirring occasionally until onions begin to caramelize.
- This takes about 45 minutes but is well worth the time.
- When done stir in crushed red pepper to taste or omit.