Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I wanted to share this "no-brainer" of a recipe with my Zaar buds.
- 1 (10 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 vidalia onions, slice thin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Melt butter and oil in large skillet.
- Add onions and cook until softened.
- Add mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat stirring occasionally until onions begin to caramelize.
- This takes about 45 minutes but is well worth the time.
- When done stir in crushed red pepper to taste or omit.
Yum! This was so simple and loved the red pepper flakes in this. Served over a rib-eye steak and it was a wonderful dinner. Thanks Richard-NYC for sharing this great recipe. Made for Cookbook Tag.
Thanks for a great recipe! I really enjoyed this. I used regular yellow onions because it was what I had on hand, & it was still good. I loved the added spice from the crushed red pepper flakes & would have never thought to add that on my own. I'll definitely make this again!
I made this the other night for our burgers. Its was great, I didnt add a lot of red pepper flakes...thinking the kids might try it but I should have known better. Next time I will put a few more flakes it and spice it up a bit more. Thanks for a great recipe...gonna take it to the lake next summer for steak I think my dad will love it.