We love this recipe. It's fast, easy, tastes good, and is healthy. I found it on one of my favorite blogs, CuisineNie (aka nieniedialogues.blogspot.com), but, since CuisineNie is now closed, I thought I'd put this recipe back out there. The amounts of onion, mushrooms, garlic, spinach, vinegar, and cheese are all approximate and should be altered according to your tastes. The recipe is pretty flexible; you can use different types of mustard, cheese, etc.. We like this served with canned Progresso lentil soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Chop onion and mince garlic.
- 22. Heat oil in large frying pan and add onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until soft.
- 33. Meanwhile, toast bread and spread mayonnaise and mustard on toasted bread slices.
- 44. Remove pan from heat and add spinach and balsamic vinegar to pan. Stir until spinach wilts.
- 55. Divide sautéed mixture evenly onto three slices of bread. Evenly divide cheese onto each of these slices of bread (on top of mushroom mixture). Top with the remaining slices of bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom, Onion, and Spinach Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.6
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 673.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 22.5 g