Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Diamond Joe
This is a great quiche! The only thing I did different was add 3/4 tsp wostershire sauce and mix all the ingredients together instead of building in layers. I had to cook for about 45 minutes and cut into it too soon(couldn't wait!)You can alos substitute gruyere with Swiss cheese. Quiches, since they are basically a savory custard should set like a custard(at least 1 hr). The taste is unbeatable. Thanks for posting!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces mushrooms, trimmed, wiped clean, and thinly sliced (white button, shiitakes, and creminis)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
- 3⁄4 cup grated gruyere cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook bacon in a big skillet until semicrisp; drain on paper towels.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat from the skillet; add oil to skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add in mushrooms and onion; cook/stir until the mushrooms are lightly browned and the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add in parsley and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper; remove from heat.
- Snip bacon into ¼ inch pieces and add to mushroom mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs until light; stir in half-and-half and mustard.
- Spoon mushroom mixture evenly into pie shell; sprinkle with cheese and add egg mixture.
- Bake quiche until puffed and golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.