1 hr 41 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces mushrooms, trimmed, wiped clean, and thinly sliced (white button, shiitakes, and creminis)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
- 3/4 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Cook bacon in a big skillet until semicrisp; drain on paper towels.
- 3Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat from the skillet; add oil to skillet and heat over medium heat.
- 4Add in mushrooms and onion; cook/stir until the mushrooms are lightly browned and the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add in parsley and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- 6Season with salt and pepper; remove from heat.
- 7Snip bacon into ¼ inch pieces and add to mushroom mixture.
- 8In a bowl, whisk the eggs until light; stir in half-and-half and mustard.
- 9Spoon mushroom mixture evenly into pie shell; sprinkle with cheese and add egg mixture.
- 10Bake quiche until puffed and golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- 11Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom, Onion, and Bacon Quiche With Gruyere
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.8
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 145.8 mg
- Sodium 400.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 13.9 g