Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great little appetizer to make - definitely goes down a treat. Given that it depends on how many you are making I am putting down very vague measurements (in truth I dont measure, but make as I go as its easier), so please dont take any notice of the measurements. Basically what you are after is a creamy mushroom topping for the bread, not too runny and not too thick.
- 2 cups mushrooms, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 150 ml cream
- 4 -6 slices Italian bread
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- Fry the mushrooms and garlic in the butter.
- Add the cream and stir until thickened.
- Toast crusty Italian bread lightly.
- Rub with a garlic clove.
- Top with the mushroom sauce.