Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the Weekend magazine.
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, washed,peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped (optional)
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- In a large bowl, beat eggs one at a time, until light and fluffy.
- Add salt, milk and pepper and mix well.
- Add parsley.
- Mix and keep aside.
- Heat a tbsp.
- of butter or margarine in a non-stick frying pan.
- Fry onions and mushrooms in it until golden brown.
- Remove on an absorbent paper to allow the excess fat to drain off.
- Keep aside.
- Heat a tbsp.
- of butter or margarine in the frying pan.
- Pour the beaten egg mixture into the pan.
- Cook for a minute.
- Place the cooked mushrooms on the omelette.
- Cover and cook on low flame until done.
- Serve hot.
- Enjoy for breakfast!
Tastes great, pretty easy and quick to prepare. Try adding some black olives as well to get a bit of extra juicy flavour.
Exsellent mushroom omelette - I had some cooked hamburger so I added that as well. When I cooked the omelete I left the mushrooms & onions in the pan and poured the eggs over them, covered the pan with a lid and in 5 minutes it was perfect When I was beating my eggs I added 2 tbsp of cottage cheese it makes the omelette lighter. Thanks Char for a lovely recipe