Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The measurements for this recipe are guesstimates as I don't generally *measure* when I'm cooking, so it may be necessary to add more or less for personal preference. I also only used enough dried green pepper for one omelette, as my dad can't eat them!! So if it is desired for both, the amount will have to be increased. (If you can't find dried, chopped regular would also work fine, but might be easier to mix with mushrooms).
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chives
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried green pepper
- On med-high heat combine butter and olive oil in frying pan and allow butter to melt.
- Sauté onions until tender. Add mushrooms, salt, pepper, garlic powder and chives. Saute until heated through and mushrooms have reduced slightly.
- Set aside in bowl.
- Break two eggs into a bowl and whisk. If desired, add dried green pepper flakes to the egg mix before cooking.
- Melt 1 tsp butter in pan. Add beaten eggs and let cook on one side.
- When eggs have almost completely set up, flip the omelette over to allow for browning on other side.
- As soon as it is flipped, sprinkle one half of the omelette with half of the cheddar cheese and top with half of the mushroom mixture. Fold omelette in half, covering mushrooms. Slide onto a plate and enjoy.
This was fantastic! I don't make omelettes very often, but will now after making this recipe! I only made one omelette so cut everything down accordingly. I used a 7 oz can of portobello mushrooms, diced red onion, and some fresh red bell pepper which I cooked with the onions. I didn't have any chives so left them out. Oh, also used cheddar-jack cheese because I had it on hand. Thanks for the recipe!
Made this as a light dinner. I used fresh mushrooms, red onion and green onion in place of the chives. My chive plant isn't producing yet and I refuse to pay the price for it at the store. Had to omit the green pepper as I don't care for it. Everything came together with ease. :) Made for PAC Spring '08
This was suppose to come out as a 4-star review.